Saturday, September 18, 2010

A. Where to Next? + Manda Guest Blog!

Well. Football Season is here. And being the good fans that we are, Sunday mornings are now dedicated to watching Eagles [and Cowboys GO DALLAS] games...so our blog will probably be slowing down for a bit. I'll compensate by putting other yummy burger things up! :]

So we've already hit the mega-trifecta of Oahu Burger joints: The Counter, Teddy's, and Kua'Aina. Now we'll probably be going to all these smaller restaurants, not so well known but with a reputation for tastiness!

1. Forty Niner Restaurant, Aiea

I've lived in Pearl City/Aiea my entire life, and I have never tried the food at the Forty Niner yet. It's not that the food is bad (it's actually got quite the reputation with the old-timers!), its just...I dunno. I've got plenty of excuses that range from the parking to the fact that it looks so hole-in-the-wall-sketchy. Imagine my surprise when I hear that they supposedly make a pretty good cheeseburger! I actually got scoldings from my grandparents cause I haven't eaten here yet, so if I take Brandon on our usual cheeseburger tasting, then that's two birds with one stone. Win.

2. The Alley Restaurant Bar and Grill, Aiea

One more in Aiea! It makes sense, since we're here all the time anyway. I don't know why didn't do this earlier. But anyway, I always knew Aiea Bowl had its own restaurant, but I've never eaten a meal there. Everyone I know goes here just for the "tasty chicken" so we'll see if they make a good burger as well.

3. I Love Country Café

How many "I Love Country Café" places are left on this island? I know there used to be one at Kahala Mall and there used to be one near Ala Moana, but that one is still closed/closed down cause of the fire a couple years ago! [I cheated. I looked on yelp and apparently, there are a lot.] This one (in the NEX food court) is the only one left that I know of. This burger is supposed to be tasty in that healthy, "local" kinda way. If that means teri-sauce, I know Brandon won't like it (I agree. Teri and cheese...is sorta..like W&M. HAHA). Even if the fries are freaking AMAZING, he'll probably give another teri-burger a...D at best. And I dunno, I have an ominous feeling about teriyaki and this place. Oh well. I want one of those giant slabs of banana bread that they sell at the register.

----------


K those were the 3 main ones I had in mind. More of the Take-Out variety then Gourmet...until I went to Ala Moana last weekend! Brandon and I bought pots and pans from Macy's. I swear, nothing will ever beat their One Day Sale. But anyway,

4. Panya Bistro

Name sounds kinda familiar? Its that Japanese bakery on the Sears side of the mall. Its neighbors with Longs, Victoria's Secret, and Genki sushi! Their baked goods are all nice and flakey. :] It wasn't until I was reading the Ala Moana magazine that I knew about their "hand-crafted" burgers. From the picture, I'm guessing something similar to MOS Burger (I MISSED OUT ON MOS BURGER WHILE I WAS IN TOKYO), a Japanese burger joint.

[THERE USED TO BE A MOS BURGER in Hawaii but I missed it! :(]

K that's all. We went to Teddy's again since our last post, and I swear to the Burger Gods, that that is my favorite burger on this island. So far. ;]



No comments:

Post a Comment