Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Where'd we go?


OKINAWA. For work. It was alright. I ate a lot of Okinawan food (I have decided to bring Brandon here just to eat) but no worries! I still found time to eat a burger at....MOS BURGER, known for their very...interesting creations! :]




Yes. I do realize that Mos Burger is a fast food chain but seriously, you can't judge a burger by its drive through sign (and this is Japan we're talking about. Food is automatically better in Japan, even McDonalds.)

I apologize that none of the pictures are mine! We went for lunch during work and I didn't have my camera on me. I'll do my best to describe it though. :(


So anyway, inside, the place is CLEAN. They give you GLASS CUPS (in a fast food place!). It was easy to order because they did have an English menu and all you have to really do is point at what you want. AND the most amazing part so far was that it was cheap. I am more than willing to pay for a wonderful cheeseburger but when she said 400 yen for a kids meal, I had the biggest smile on my face ever. (My "grown-up" coworkers got regular meals for roughly 700 yen.)

THE Mos Burger


In my opinion...From what I could learn from the signs, the meat is 100% beef but I swear it tastes like a cross between beef and pork. This is not bad in any way, it was nice and juicy. It wasn't grilled, but it was very flavorful. There was nothing special about the bun, it was just a plain white bun. The cheese was a very mild cheddar. It tasted a bit different but I've noticed that dairy in Japan has a bit of a unique twist to it.



Fries were good. :] They came in this little bowl! Very thick cut (probably frozen). Not crispy like McDonalds fries but nice and pleasurable to eat.

Only non wonderful thing about this place: Brandon would not be satisfied with portion size. It is very...small. I wanna say that all burgers come in a default of less than 1/4 pound. They put toppings on it and lettuce and whatever else you order, but it's still rather small.

Oh well. Guess we'll just have to get him two. :]

And that's all! We went to Teddy's when I came home. I love that place. Its definitely my favorite. :]

1 comment:

  1. I lived in Tokyo for 2 years and ate many different hamburgers there. On your note about the hamburger meat- almost all beef in Japan is imported from Australia where the feedlot is slightly different to what is used in the U.S. Almost all beef products have a slightly different taste and texture to what we are used to in the U.S. so kudos to your talented taste buds.

    Thanks for this blog- the next time I venture to Hawai'i I now know I can find a great burger!

    ReplyDelete