Thursday, July 29, 2010

#6 Ruby Tuesday, Ala Moana

photo

Ruby Tuesday

Ala Moana Shopping Center

Category: Gourmet Burger
Menu Item: Classic Cheeseburger
Price: $10.69 w/ Endless Fries
Burger Size: 8 oz.
Bun: Wheat
Cheese: American
Toppings: Lettuce, Tomatoes, Red Onions, Pickles, Ruby's Mayonnaise

Description:
Most of you probably have eaten at a Ruby Tuesday before, so I'll keep this review short. I actually had not planned to do a burger review on this place, but I ended up eating here and figured that I would offer my thoughts on the burger. Also, the burger pictures were taken with my phone because I didn't have my camera on me.



Ruby Tuesday
"Handcrafted" Classic Cheeseburger


The Ruby Tuesday Menu includes ten "Handcrafted Burgers" and four "Prime Burgers." The Handcrafted Burgers include 100% USDA Choice beef burgers with different cheeses, bacon, barbecue sauce, and they also have a bison burger. The Prime burgers are the same except that they are made from USDA Prime Beef. For this review I ordered the "Classic Cheeseburger" which was a 8 oz. Choice beef burger patty cooked medium on a toasted wheat bun and topped with lettuce, tomato, pickles, red onions, american cheese, and Ruby's Mayonnaise. It also came with a good amount of fries and even though they were "endless" I did not find it necessary to get another order.



2010-07-25_12-32-53_475
Good and simple

The cheeseburger as a whole was good. It looks small when you eat it, but the 8 oz. patty makes it very heavy tasting and filling. After you eat it you probably won't want to move much. It is the opposite of the Islands burger which looked big, but ended up being very crisp and light eating. The fries were good as well, but there was nothing really special about this meal. The only thing that I noticed about this burger was that it had kind of a sour taste to it. Not in a bad way, but just different. I couldn't really tell if it was the sauce or the bun, but my guess goes to the bun.


Verdict:
In a word, Average. You probably wouldn't eat here for only the burgers, but if you wanted to order one I would probably try the Prime burger because they claim that it is the "World's Best Burger." For some reason I'm skeptical about that, but it's worth a shot right? If not, there are a few different burgers to try so you don't have to limit yourself to the classic.


Grade: C

Ruby Tuesday
1450 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96814
Sun-Thurs 10:30AM-10PM, Fri & Sat 10:30AM-11PM
808-943-2525
http://www.rubytuesday.com


1 comment:

  1. Got me a free birthday burger, any suggestions on which one I should get and how should I have it cooked?

    ReplyDelete